University Schools - Pioneers in Education
University Schools is a tuition free K–12 public charter school located in Greeley School District 6 in Greeley, Colorado. The tradition of developing better ways to teach our children is at the heart of University Schools. University Schools has been a leader in education for more than a century.
At University Schools, we believe that children learn best in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment. Our students enjoy a student-led, teacher-guided educational experience.
At University High School, we focus on creating a student-centered learning program. We prepare our students for success beyond school, as they develop personal and academic plans and portfolios and participate in community service projects. We invite you to take a look around our website to see what we have to offer for your child.
A Message From Our Director
I hope this first newsletter of the school year finds you and your family doing well.
Construction on our new multipurpose room (south of the Middle School) is progressing as planned. One side of the building will be used for physical education and athletics and the other side will be used as a flex room for classes, presentations, and meetings.
This project is being funded from Bond Project Fund dollars and savings over multiple years from our general fund budget.
I wanted to also update you on the spending of the Mil Levy Override (MLO) funds.
Some of our expenditures include:
- AP US History Books
- classroom libraries – kindergarten and first grade
- reduced student fees
- classroom supplies
- secured foyer in the Main Building
- upgraded cameras
- additional cameras for the exterior of the Main Building
- access control system for Auditorium to assure doors are locked during the day
- new interactive panels for Middle School classrooms
- additional chromebooks for classroom use in both buildings
- Suburban to replace aging vans
The categories listed above were those submitted to the District prior to the November, 2017 election.
We would like to welcome new staff members to University Schools:
- First Grade – Monika Folsom
- Third Grade – Emmy Davis
- Fourth Grade – Shawna Sims
- Fifth Grade – Tara Villarreal
- Elementary Counselor – Amanda Hahn
- MS Physical Education – Kyle Mills
- MS Language Arts – Shea Rusch
- MS Language Arts – Megan Tippetts
- MS Mathematics – Stuart Church
- MS Social Studies – Natalie Fowler
- Secondary Spanish – America McNeill de Jimenez
- 6-12 Instrumental Music – Clark Goering
- 6-12 Vocal Music – Monica Pendergast
- HS Assistant Principal – Rich Campbell
- HS American Sign Language – Carrie Mutuberria
- HR/Transportation Assistant – Downy Petersen