Clubs and Activities
Our enhanced curriculum includes the opportunity to take exploratory elective classes as well as to participate in co- and extra-curricular activities.
University Schools Clubs and Activities
We offer an extensive menu of activities for students of all ages. Check it out; we have something for everybody!
- Band - Clark Goering
- Book Club - Rachel Budzynski
- Brain Bowl (Middle School) - Garner Agone
- Choir - Monica Pendergast
- DECA - JoEll Matthews
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) - JoEll Matthews
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) - Tanya Sims
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- First Priority - Beryldell Parker
- German Club (High School) - Frau Seckler
- German Club (Middle School)
- Girl Scouts of America (GSA) - Email to find a troop
- Homework Help
- Interact Club - John Woodward
- K-Kids - Dave Folsom
- Key Club - Devin Moses
- Knowledge Bowl - Ryan Wehrman
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) - America McNeill
- Make This World a Better Place Club - Jolene Adams
- Math Help
- Mock Trial - Stephanie Wilhelm
- National Honor Society (NHS) - Beryldell Parker
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) - Maggie Miles
- Show Choir - Monica Pendergrast
- Speech and Debate (Forensics) Team - Anna Bjornson
- Student Leadership (Middle School) - Vanessa Njos
- Student Leadership (High School) - Justin Garcia
- Theatre Company/Thespian Troop - Pamela Wilhelm
- Tri-M Music Honor Society - Monica Pendergast
- Ukelele Club - Meredith Stockum
- Yearbook - Rachel Weigle
- Z-Club - Agnes Ogbonaya
- Zoo Club - Ed Wiechem
Clubs and Groups for Middle School Students
- Allies in Diversity: Wednesdays, middle school in room 181, 3:15-4:00 p.m. All middle school students are welcome to attend. Ms. Njos and Mr. Lee are the points of contact.
- Book Club: Students may join the club at anytime. This club is on every other Thursday during lunch for 7th and 8th grade students. If a 6th grade student is interested, he/she should talk to a middle school librarian. If there are enough 6th graders interested, we will start a 6th grade book club. Contact Ms. Haas if you are interested.
- Chessmates: Mondays, main building in room 1330, 2:15-3:15 p.m. This club is $65 for 12 weeks and includes 30 minutes of instruction and 30+ minutes of play time. There is an online form to fill out for this club.
- Elementary Art Club: Mrs. Carver allows middle school students to volunteer for community service. For students interested in helping with her elementary art club. Please contact her by email.
- German Klub: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays, room 227, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (lunch). All middle school students are welcome. It is best to bring a sack lunch on club days! For questions, contact Ms. Seckler.
- Girl Scouts: Wednesdays, main building in room 1120 (Ms. Duran’s room), 4:15-5:30 p.m. Middle school girls can participate. Nova Martinez is the leader. If you are interested, please contact her.
- FBLA: We are a club to explore business and leadership. We meet every other week and compete in March in a variety of really interesting areas. The top performers get a chance to go to nationals. We also serve our community through service projects.
- Math Team: Thursdays, middle school room 225, 3:30-5:30 p.m. If you are interested, contact Mr. Short. You must sign a permission slip.
- Ukulele Club: Tuesdays, elementary choir room from 3:20-4:00 p.m.
Clubs and Groups for Elementary School Students
- Chessmates: Mondays, main building in room 1330, 2:15-3:15 p.m. This club is $65 for 12 weeks and includes 30 minutes of instruction and 30+ minutes of play time. There is an online form to fill out for this club