We think the students, staff members, and families of University Schools are pretty great! And if you don’t already know that for yourself, stop by here often where we’ll share the many successes and wonderful experiences of our school community. You’ll also catch important announcements and details about upcoming events that you need to know about.
We are so excited to share some important information about the upcoming school year. Please join us on Wednesday, April 28, at 7:00 p.m. You will be able to see and hear from our kindergarten teachers, as well as our principal, nurse, CLD teacher, and counselor. We will be discussing security and safety information, as well as literacy and math curriculum, specials classes, and more. Our team is looking forward to working with you and your young learner next year.
Welcome to University!
Parents of juniors, we will have a short informational meeting about senior projects for the coming year. Please join us on Wednesday, April 21 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium if you have questions or would like more information about the senior project process.
Congratulations to the following Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) high school members for placing at the district conference and attending the state conference:
- Alexis Sanchez - Accounting Applications - 1st Place
- Elle Richardson - Principles of Marketing - 1st Place
- Claire Lindenmayer, Dakota Lenz, and Kendall Avery - Sports and Entertainment Team Decision Making - 3rd Place
- Gracy-Anne Long and Jaemason Long - Sports and Entertainment Team Decision Making - 2nd Place
- Anna Bedell and Rylee Reeve - Hospitality Services Team Decision Making - 1st Place
- David Luo and Landon Holligan - Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making - 2nd Place
- Grace Call and Kate Halverson - Travel and Tourism Team Decision Making - 1st Place
Congratulations to the following Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) high school members for placing at the district conference and attending the state conference:
- Anna Bedell - Accounting I - 3rd Place
- Alexis Sanchez, Kendree Kern, and Kyelin Trujillo - Broadcast Journalism - 2nd Place
- Alexa Gollhofer, Paige Heck, and Madeleine Willoughby - Broadcast Journalism - 1st Place
- Weston Pierce - Business Calculations - 3rd Place
- Delaney Wieneke - Insurance and Risk Management - 2nd Place
- Jaemason Long - Introduction to Business - 3rd Place
- David Luo - Introduction to Business - 1st Place
- David Luo and Weston Pierce - Introduction to Event Planning - 1st Place
- Ella Aurzada - Introduction to FBLA - 3rd Place
- Jaxon Patten - Introduction to Information Technology - 2nd Place
- Kendree Kern - Introduction to Public Speaking - 2nd Place
- Kate Halverson - Journalism - 4th Place
- Abby Aurzada and Anna Bedell - Public Service Announcement - 1st Place
- Gracy-Anne Long and Jaemason Long - Sports and Entertainment Management - 3rd Place
- Phat Ho - Word Processing - 2nd Place
If your student receives a scholarship, please submit a copy of the scholarship award letter by email to Michelle Ramirez in the counseling office.
We will include information submitted by April 30 in the commencement program. Thank you for your help!
University students eat free! Yes, this includes in-person and online learners. This includes seven day meal bags on Thursdays. You can pick up at the University main campus parking lot from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. Every child under the age of 18 in your household qualify. The children do not need to be present. These are available while supplies with Nutrition Services D6 as the host.