The USPTO’s primary purpose is to facilitate communication among teachers, parents, and the school community. Its secondary purpose is to provide financial support for University Schools through grants to the teachers for the purchase of educational materials and equipment for classrooms or to the school for general projects.
Come Celebrate with the USPTO
It’s simple—when parents get involved, the students benefit. Show your child how much you care; come on out and celebrate your child’s endeavors!
- Thank you to everyone who came to the meeting! We would love to see more of you at our meetings throughout the year. This is a great way to get involved in our school!
- Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped out with the limo rides. We believe the kids had a great time!
- We will be having a holiday shoppe in December. We will kick off with breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 7. We will be open the week after as well. We will be sending out more information for that soon. Please be on the lookout!
- The USPTO is collecting fresh milk lids from Morning Fresh Dairy. If you get your milk from Morning Fresh, bring your lids to the main office and they will get them to the USPTO. We earn money for each lid.
- Please think of the USPTO when you are doing your shopping!
- If you are an Amazon shopper please use www.smileamazon.com and choose Friends of the Lab School for your purchases. You can still use gift cards and use your Prime account! There is a link on the University Schools website under the USPTO tab.
- The USPTO is also using Scrips to sell gift cards. This is a great way to purchase your gift cards. We have quite a few on hand. Email us or check our Facebook page to see what we have left. This is a great way to get gift cards for teachers, friends, and birthday presents! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an order form for the gift cards or for information on downloading the app.
- We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting on Thursday, January 23, 2020, in the main building library. We do not have a December meeting. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year! See you in 2020!
- Holiday Shoppe - Will begin with breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 7. The holiday shoppe will be open the week afterwards as well.
Contribute your Time and Talents
We achieve our mission through fundraising efforts, and we need your help to pull it off. All it takes is 1–2 hours of your time—we promise! More volunteers means more support for our school community. Get in on all the action by volunteering your time to events such as our Fall Fundraiser, Spring Carnival, Scrapbooking Event, and Teacher Appreciation Week. And if you don’t fancy any of that, you can volunteer as a classroom liaison to help us maintain good communication. Did you know that every event you attend or volunteer for earns your child's teacher points towards the end of the year prize?
The USPTO also wants to help you network your business! Promote your business by providing our pre-meeting snacks.
We welcome back our board members for the 2019–2020 school year:
- President: Amanda Lindenmayer
- Vice President: Shannon Baker
- Secretary: Maggie Miles
- Interim Treasurer: Jennifer Lenz
Want to know how you can help? Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to get you on board!