The USPTO’s primary purpose is to facilitate communication among teachers, parents, and the school community. Its secondary purpose is to provide financial support for University Schools through grants to the teachers for the purchase of educational materials and equipment for classrooms or to the school for general projects.
Come Celebrate with the USPTO
It’s simple—when parents get involved, the students benefit. Show your child how much you care; come on out and celebrate your child’s endeavors!
- Thank you to everyone who came to our recent meeting! We would love to see more of you at our future meetings throughout the school year! This is a great way to get involved in our school!
- Also, thank you to all who participated in the fall fundraiser. Product will be delivered on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. Please plan to pick up in the afternoon. We will send home reminders when the date gets closer.
- 2019 fall grants - The fall grant application window runs from October 4 through October 18. You must turn in applications, complete with signatures, to the USPTO mailbox in the main office by the end of the school day on October 18.
Paper applications are available in the main office or you can download one by visiting the fall 2019 grant application link.
- The USPTO is collecting milk lids from Morning Fresh Dairy. If you get your milk from Morning Fresh, please bring your lids to the main office, and they will get them to the USPTO. We earn money for each lid.
- Please think of the USPTO when you are doing your shopping!
If you are an Amazon shopper, please use AmazonSmile and choose Friends of the Lab School for your purchases. You can still use gift cards and use your Prime account!
- The USPTO is also using Scrips to sell gift cards. This is a great way to purchase gift cards. We have a bunch in stock. Email us or check our Facebook page to see what we have left! This is a great way to get gift cards for teachers, friends, and birthday presents! Email us to get an order form for the gift cards or information on downloading the app.
- Fundraiser Delivery - October 16 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the auxiliary gym
- Middle School Teacher Conference Night Dinners - October 15, 17, 21, and 23
- Harvest Festival - October 25 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Fundraiser Limo Ride - November 15
Contribute your Time and Talents
We achieve our mission through fundraising efforts, and we need your help to pull it off. All it takes is 1–2 hours of your time—we promise! More volunteers means more support for our school community. Get in on all the action by volunteering your time to events such as our Fall Fundraiser, Spring Carnival, Scrapbooking Event, and Teacher Appreciation Week. And if you don’t fancy any of that, you can volunteer as a classroom liaison to help us maintain good communication. Did you know that every event you attend or volunteer for earns your child's teacher points towards the end of the year prize?
The USPTO also wants to help you network your business! Promote your business by providing our pre-meeting snacks.
We welcome back our board members for the 2019–2020 school year:
- President: Amanda Lindenmayer
- Vice President: Shannon Baker
- Secretary: Maggie Miles
- Interim Treasurer: Jennifer Lenz
Want to know how you can help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to get you on board!