University Schools - Pioneers in Education
University Schools is a tuition free K–12 public charter school located in Greeley School District 6 in Greeley, Colorado. The tradition of developing better ways to teach our children is at the heart of University Schools. University Schools has been a leader in education for more than a century.
At University Schools, we believe that children learn best in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment. Our students enjoy a student-led, teacher-guided educational experience.
At University Schools, we focus on creating a student-centered learning program. We prepare our students for success beyond school, as they develop personal and academic plans and portfolios and participate in community service projects. We invite you to take a look around our website to see what we have to offer for your child.
Thank you for your support as we begin the 2019/2020 school year.
We would like to welcome the following new staff and those who are working in new positions to University Schools:
- Kindergarten – Monika Folsom
- Third Grade – Samantha Hausman and Mathew Mathiason
- Fourth Grade – Heather DeBoer and Emily Lind
- Fifth Grade – Robert Schuler
- K–5 CLD – Kathryn Acosta
- K–5 Reading Interventionist – Kaleigh Forney
- Kindergarten Paraprofessional – Heidi Ziegler
- EL/HS Library Aide – Rachel Slais
- HS German – Ulrike Seckler
- HS Math – Shylah Crowder
- HS Counselor – Hailey Swanbom
- HS AP Calculus – Katie Stewart
- MS STEM – Martin Park
- MS Math– Ryan Paul, Andrew Segal, and Angela Vanderbloom
- MS Science – Darby Sample and Luke Engelbert
- MS Admin. Assist. – Billiejo Gonzales
I wanted to mention that this year our teachers and administrators will be working with BJ Stone, a consultant, in creating and improving our focus on Professional Learning Communities. BJ has worked with schools all over the United States and was a consultant for McREL (Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning) located in Denver.
We continue to spend our Mil Levy Override (MLO) dollars according to plan. Some of our expenditures include:
- Curriculum (Elementary Math Journals and High School Social Studies Books)
- Fees (Reduced Student Fees and Classroom Supplies)
- Safety/Security (Raptor Security Check and Intercom Upgrade – Both Buildings)
- Technology (Network Upgrade, Chromebooks, and Fiber Optic Line)
- Transportation (72 Passenger School Bus)
Please contact me if I can provide additional information or answer any questions. I wish you a wonderful Fall!
Dr. Sherry Gerner
Dr. Sherry Gerner
Director of Schools