• Job Opportunities
  • Welcome To Human Resources

    University Schools has an on-site Human Resource Generalist to support our faculty and staff, with a personal touch, throughout our employee’s career.  We ensure this support starts with the recruiting process, onboarding, and the first year through retirement.

    We strive to support our school’s mission of providing a quality education for every learner within our school by attracting and retaining quality professionals across all positions.

    Job Opportunities

    University Schools is always looking for employees who have a passion for learning and want to have an impact on the future by participating in the education of today’s youth. 

    We regularly update our job postings, so check in frequently. 

    To access our current list, please go to our Frontline Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to submit an application using the “Job Opportunities” link at the top of this page.  

    Salary, Benefits, and Requirements for Professional Positions

    Our teacher's salary schedule for the current school year is accessed through the “Certified Salary Schedule” link.  

    Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance options as well as Life Insurance. Voluntary options are available with supplemental insurance through Aflac offering FSA, Dependent Care FSA and qualifying HSA accounts.    Retirement in the Public Employees Retirement Association (P.E.R.A.).  We comply with all State Law regarding Accrued Paid Sick Leave (Colorado Senate Bill 20-205) in combination with additional unrestricted PTO Leave.

    Please go to our Frontline Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to submit an application using the “Job Opportunities” link at the top of this page.  

    For additional information, please contact our Human Resources Generalist Downy Petersen at (970) 506.7032 or by email.

    Substitute Teachers

    Are you interested in becoming a certified substitute teacher at University Schools?  

    If you already have a current teacher’s license from the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), you do not need a substitute authorization. If you have a four-year college degree and do not have a Substitute Authorization, you will need to apply with CDE to obtain a three or five-year substitute authorization license.  

    With either your teacher's license or CDE substitute authorization license, you can apply to be a substitute teacher at University Schools.  Please go to our Frontline ATS to submit a substitute application using the “Job Opportunities” link at the top of this page.

    We use Frontline Absence Management to schedule substitutes.  You will have access to a mobile app that will “push” assignments for your review to either accept or decline the available assignment.  You are in control of your schedule.

    We also have substitute coordinators available at both our Elementary/High School building and our Middle School building to support assignment transitions.



    • University Schools follows Greeley-Evans School District 6 which is committed to providing a safe learning and work environment where all members of the school community are treated with dignity and respect. University Schools is subject to all federal and state laws and constitutional provisions prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, veteran status, ancestry or need for special education services. Accordingly, no otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public may be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any school program or activity on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religion, veteren status, ancestry or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age, genetic information, and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. 


      A lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in the District 6 career and technical education programs (CTE). Students have the opportunity to participate in a number of career pathways, including but not limited to the following areas: Agriculture, Alternative Cooperative Education, Business Education, Construction, Culinary Arts, Engineering Academy, Engineering Technology, Entrepreneurship, Family and Consumer Science, Fashion Design, Finance Pathway, Graphic Design, Health Services, Industrial Technology, Information Technology, Interior Design, Manufacturing (Advanced) Pathway, Marketing, Math & Science Academy, Multimedia, Performing Arts, Teacher Cadet, and Visual Arts. Participation in the District’s CTE programs are open for all students at no cost to the students/families, however some CTE programs have limited space or require successful completion of minimum prerequisite courses to be eligible. For participation information, please contact your school’s counselor or the CTE program teacher. Additionally, please visit the District’s CTE webpage HERE to learn more about the many CTE programs District 6 has to offer. 


      University Schools works in partnership with District 6 and Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. The name of the responsible employee who has been identified as the Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator for the District is as follows:


      Title IX Coordinator & Compliance Officer, Jim Donahue
      1025 Ninth Avenue
      Greeley, CO 80631
      Phone: 970-348-6070


      Inquiries regarding compliance with equal educational opportunity, including but not limited to complaints of discrimination, may also be directed to the Compliance Officer or in writing to the outside agencies below.


      Outside agencies

      Complaints regarding violations of Title VI, (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Ave., Suite 510, Denver, CO 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80202.